Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The River

OK. We're getting things back on track here. It's not even March yet, but we're certainly feeling madness already. Here's a little ditty to calm things down though, a dreamy poem to get lost in, we only hope it doesn't bring you to tears. But, if it does, we hope it's in a good way.

-Jess



 
The River
by Alyssa Walker

The river is calling
It’s swaying me so
Icy blue waters
Mesmerized by their flow
The ducks float so lightly
While I watch my pebbles sink
The blue turns to black
Darker than ink
Clouds form overhead
The sun disappears
The river is running
As fast as my tears


Alyssa Walker is a stay-at-home mom who likes to write poetry and paint in her spare time. She lives in New Jersey near the Passaic River, which inspired her to write this poem. 


Comments are appreciated! Remember, we're still looking for March submissions. Read all about it here. Happy Tuesday :)


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this! I think "river" is one of my favorite words...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too! It evokes so much in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully said Jessica... I agree!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Please keep in mind that this is a place for new writers to get constructive criticism. So be open with your honesty, but go easy on the brutality.