Friday, March 9, 2012

Our First Tribute.

An honest and touching poem from our very own Jess, who happens to be one of the women I admire.

The Women I Admire
By Jessica Pherson

I admire the women
Who carry their young on their backs
Who bend over in fields all day
Whose skin cracks over sore knuckles

I admire the women
Who work three jobs for their family
And never complain
Who want to buy themselves a new pair of shoes
But save for food instead

I admire the women
Who stand up for their beliefs
And follow their dreams
Who bring light into this world
Often shrouded in darkness
Who get up everyday
With a smile on their face
Even when someone is out there waiting
To wipe it away

I admire the women
Who have touched my life,
Who have touched our lives,
Who have created the human race

I admire the woman
Who brought me into this world
Who is my shoulder to cry on
Who is always there when I need her
Who I see in the mirror each day

photo by Jessica Pherson


Jessica Pherson is one of the Founders of The Veillee and author of her own blog, Healthy Mommy, Healthy Baby. She works from home part time for an eco-friendly jewelry company/retailer and is also a stay-at-home mom to Lily. She wrote this poem in honor of International Women's Day for all the women whose good works go unnoticed. 

Learn more about Jessica by checking out The Matchbox section of this blog!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please keep in mind that this is a place for new writers to get constructive criticism. So be open with your honesty, but go easy on the brutality.